Excellence in teaching, research and technology development is the vision of the department of Computer Science and Engineering. Department of Computer Science and Engineering since its establishment in 1982, progressed steadfastly to its present status of being reckoned as a leader in Computer Science and Engineering education. The department is currently having six Computer Laboratories. All laboratories are equipped with high end computers along with required software. Besides this the department is equipped with high end servers and related networking equipment to provide the internet connectivity in the whole campus. The department also maintains the wired and wireless connectivity in the Institute premises as well as residential campus. Various software related to Multimedia, Web Application Development, Network Simulation, Digital Image Processing, Cloud Computing, Databases and other Application software are available with the department.
Department is actively involved in conducting short term training programmes in the upcoming areas such as Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Python Programming, Cyber Security, Penetration Testing and Malware Analysis, Cloud Computing, MATLAB Programming, Scilab Programming etc. for the faculty and staff of Polytechnics and Engineering colleges. The Department also offers Master of Engineering (Regular & Modular) in Computer Science & Engineering for teachers of Polytechnics, Engineering Colleges, Officials of Directorate of Technical Education & industry professionals. In the year 2020, the department started ME CSE (Specialization in IOT). Further, department also offers Ph.D. programme in the area of Image processing, Wireless Network, Mobile Adhoc Networks, Network Security, Cloud Computing etc.
The department completed two sponsored projects from MeitY, New Delhi and AICTE New Delhi respectively. The department also completed one MODROB Project sponsored by AICTE in 2019.Under these projects, the department established Advanced Cyber Security Laboratory and IOT Laboratory.
DEPARTMENT VISION AND MISSION
- To be a centre of excellence for promoting education, training and research in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To offer continuing education and training programs in the area of Computer Science and Engineering for the faculty and staff of the technical education system.
- To develop need based curricula in the area of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To develop instructional material in the area of Computer Science and Engineering to enhance effectiveness of teaching-learning process.
- To undertake research and development in the area of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide extension and consultancy services to technical education system and industry in the area of Computer Science and Engineering.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
To develop technical knowledge and skills in the area of Computer Science and Engineering at post-graduate level
To develop the ability to undertake R&D in the field of Computer Science and Engineering
To develop the generic skills such as life-long learning, creativity, problem solving, team work, lifelong learning and leadership, professional ethics and values.
Programme Outcomes (POs) for ME CSE Programare are:
- PO1: An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
- PO2: An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document.
- PO3: Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.
- To impart quality training to the teachers of Polytechnic and Engineering Colleges through Short Term Courses.
- To run Master's degree programmes M.E. CSE and M.E. CSE with Specialization in IoT (Internet of Things) in Regular and M.E. CSE in Modular mode to improve quality and qualifications of faculty of Polytechnics and Engineering Colleges.
- To provide guidance to faculty and other professionals to pursue their Ph.D work.
- To organize seminars and conferences to exchange the expertise and knowledge among the academicians, industry professionals and researchers.
- To conduct in-house training and Industry-Institute interaction to update knowledge and skill of internal faculty.
- To undertake various research projects for development of Technical Education in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide consultancy in development of application specific software.
- To impart industrial training to students of Polytechnic and Engineering Colleges.
- To collaborate with industry in various research projects.