Ph.D Admission under Direct Admission Category for Session 2022-23
- Advertisement [Advt.]
- Detailed Admission Notice[Notice]
- Application Procedure [Appl. Procedure]
- Brochure [Brochure]
- Application Form [Doc] [pdf]
NITTTR Chandigarh offers admission in PhD under Direct Admission Category in the following disciplines in respective universities:
- Panjab University, Chandigarh for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar (Punjab) for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Management
- JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad (Haryana) for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management, and Applied Sciences (Physics, Mathematics)
PhD under Direct Admission Category 2021-22
Advertisement/ Admission Notice
Full Time PhD scholars can apply for various schemes like INSPIRE fellowship, CSIR fellowship, AICTE fellowship, Minority community fellowship and other schemes (where scholarship is available) as per rules and eligibility of these schemes.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant must have Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Management/ Physics/ Mathematics or equivalent in a relevant discipline with minimum marks/CGPA as per the degree awarding university.
Also, applicant should have qualified the Ph.D. Entrance Examination conducted by the respective university (i.e. by Panjab University, Chandigarh or IKG Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar or JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad). Candidates who have cleared GATE/NET/ other such national fellowship tests are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination as per the Ph.D. ordinance/rules of the degree awarding university. The candidate need to apply for the Ph.D. Entrance Examination as per the schedule available on respective university website.
Teachers from Engineering Colleges & Polytechnics, working engineers from Corporate Sector and scientists from R&D organization as well as fresh Master’s Degree holders are eligible to apply for PhD admission.
Kindly refer to respective university website for detailed eligibility criteria and PhD rules.
No. of Seats:
The number of PhD seats in any branch/ discipline is decided by the availability of the supervisor(s) in that particular branch/ discipline.
Refer to the detailed information brochure for more information related to PhD programmes under Direct Admission Category.
For any query related to PhD Admission, Contact the Coordinators at the following details
- Dr Balwinder S. Dhaliwal, Phone: 0172-2759796, Mobile: 98148-34209, email to:firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
- Dr Pankaj Sharma, Phone: 0172-2759751, email to:firstname.lastname@example.org