NITTTR Chandigarh offers admission in PhD under Direct Admission Category in the following disciplines in respective universities:
- Panjab University, Chandigarh for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar (Punjab) for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Management
- JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad (Haryana) for Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management, and Applied Sciences (Physics, Mathematics)
PhD under Direction Admission Category 2021-22
Advertisement/ Admission Notice
Important Dates and Application Fee
- Closing date for submission of on-line applications: July 31, 2021
- Last date of receipt of hard copies of applications along with relevant enclosures: August 05, 2021
- Tentative Dates of Interviews: August 10-14, 2021
- An application fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 5000/- is applicable
Full Time PhD scholars can apply for various schemes like INSPIRE fellowship, CSIR fellowship, AICTE fellowship, Minority community fellowship and other schemes (where scholarship is available) as per rules and eligibility of these schemes.
The interested candidates are advised to follow the steps as listed below to apply for the admission:
- Read the information brochure carefully before filling in the application form.[Information Brochure]
- Pay the application fee of Rs 5000/- before starting the admission form filling process. The fee can be paid in the form of demand draft in favour of Director, NITTTR, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh. Also the fee can be paid through NEFT/RTGS using the following bank details:
|1||Name of the Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|2||Name of the Account Holder||Director, NITTTR, Chandigarh|
|5||Bank Branch IFSC Code||PUNB0061810|
- Note the application fee payment details i.e. DD/UTR/Ref No., Date, Bank Name, and Amount Paid.
- Download the [doc] file of the application form and type in all the details correctly.
- Take print out of the filled-in application form (saved as per step 4 above) and put your signature at the specified place.
- Get the application form certified/forwarded by the Principal or Head of the Institution (if applicable) and scan the application form to make a single pdf
- [Click here] to apply Online. Fill all the details and Upload the scanned pdf application form/other documents as desired in google form latest by 31-07-2021
- Send hard copy of completed application form along with all relevant enclosures and the payment receipt to Director, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Sector – 26, Chandigarh – 160 019 latest by August 05, 2021
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant must have Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Management/ Physics/ Mathematics or equivalent in a relevant discipline with minimum marks/CGPA as per the degree awarding university.
Also, applicant should have qualified the Ph.D. Entrance Examination conducted by the respective university (i.e. by Panjab University, Chandigarh or IKG Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar or JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad). Candidates who have cleared GATE/NET/ other such national fellowship tests are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination as per the Ph.D. ordinance/rules of the degree awarding university. The candidate need to apply for the Ph.D. Entrance Examination as per the schedule available on respective university website.
Teachers from Engineering Colleges & Polytechnics, working engineers from Corporate Sector and scientists from R&D organization as well as fresh Master’s Degree holders are eligible to apply for PhD admission.
Kindly refer to respective university website for detailed eligibility criteria and PhD rules.
No. of Seats:
The number of PhD seats in any branch/ discipline is decided by the availability of the supervisor(s) in that particular branch/ discipline.
Refer to the detailed information brochure for more information related to PhD programmes under Direct Admission Category.
For any query related to PhD Admission, Contact the Coordinators at the following details
- Dr Srinivasa KG, Phone: 0172-2759695, Mobile: 97316-96526,email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Balwinder S. Dhaliwal, Phone: 0172-2759796, Mobile: 98148-34209, email to:email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D admission guidelines of Panjab University, Chandigarh [Download]